When playing volleyball, you are expected to keep the ball from hitting the floor. In order to do this, you must do everything possible and dive to save the volleyball from hitting the hardwood on your side of the court. However, diving can lead to volleyball knee injuries and pain unless you have good quality knee pads that will help cushion the impact of the ground with your knees.
Buying the right pads are very important for any and all seasoned players. Knee pads serve as a protective measure to help prevent scrapes, burns, and bruises, and are going to make all the difference for you as you pour yourself into the game both mentally and physically! Modern pads have excellent engineering that usually contours to your knee, so you will barely know you’re wearing them at all.
Specially designed knee pads will offer more strength and will have more stability. Knee pads are so great because they are specially designed to be able to absorb a significant amount of shock lessening the stress that your knees get and therefore making the effects of the injury less severe. Having kneepads that don’t provide the right amount of padding or that don’t fit properly can be a real distraction during an intense match.
The proper volleyball pads provide full patella (kneecaps), lateral and medial protection. Get a comfortable knee pad to retain the freedom of movement which will allow you to stay focused on the game rather than your gear. Choose a knee pad with advanced moisture-wicking material that keeps you dry and cool so you can focus on the big set, and attack your way to your best performance yet.
Top Volleyball Kneepad Comparison Chart
Volleyball Knee Pad Buying Guide
As an athlete, it’s important to take these factors into consideration. The quality of the pads can also contribute to how well the pads move with the player while diving or running. Players who play libero or back row positions should look for a kneepad with the best lateral coverage available. The kneepads with the right quality can wrap around the knee and move fluidly during play. We would suggest concentrating on the quality and protection level rather than the price point because even a small injury can put you out of commission for the season, or potentially even end your volleyball career!
The key to finding a pair of volleyball knee pads that are right for you is knowing what you need. Proper fit can mean the difference between pain-free play and your limping off the court. You need to know what types of kneepads are available so you can seek comfort without sacrificing protection. However, you may find out that you need extra protection, so pads with a bit more coverage or padding may be right for you. If you can, visit a sporting goods store and try on a few pairs of knee pads to get the feel for them.
When choosing a size, keep in mind that it really doesn’t matter how short or tall you are or how much you weigh. The only thing that matters is the size of your legs. Although every brand of volleyball knee pad has its own unique size and fit, there are generally limited options for sizes. The available sizes are “one size fits all,” “Small/Medium,” and “Large/Extra Large. Choose the size of pad that will stay secured to your knee and will not move around or loosen up as you move around. For more information on what size is right for you, check the suggested sizing charts from the manufacturers.
Padding materials and padding length are equally important to consider before purchasing the best volleyball knee pad. The required thickness of the padding will vary greatly depending on the position played. Be sure to purchase a kneepad with adequate padding that covers the patella (kneecap), lateral and medial areas of the knee.
Humidity and Dryness
When you play volleyball, you sweat a lot. So, if you have a low-quality knee pad, sweats will make your knee feel itchy. Some pads may even come with a special moisture wicking material that can help keep sweat away from the skin while others may have open ventilation at the back of the knee to allow the evaporation of moisture. Look for volleyball knee pads make of materials that are non-abrasive and soft. So, if you are thinking of buying a knee pad, take this factor into consideration.
No matter what type of knee pads you choose, you’ll need to wash them periodically after use according to the manufacturer’s instructions and make sure you let your them air out after heavy use. Proper care and cleaning can also help to prevent a rash from forming in areas of your leg that come into contact with the pads.
Best Volleyball Knee Pads Reviews
Quality volleyball knee pads are essential for peak performance and they come in many different sleeve lengths, sizes, and padding options. Some options also have gel on the inside to make the impact from the ground do less tear and wear on the knee. If you are looking for volleyball knee pads and you are not sure which ones are going to suit you, then look no further! These reviews on volleyball knee pads will help you make the right decision and on the characteristics, you should look for when buying.
Enough with the preamble chit chat, here are some of our user-tested reviews of the best ten knee pads you can get on planet Earth!!!
The Mizuno LR6 Volleyball Kneepad has it all in terms of comfort, style, flair, and provides the protection needed to prevent the knee from damage. The primary function of a knee pad is to protect all parts of the knee from injury caused by diving, sliding or falling to the floor. The LR6 is made of 50% polyester with 28% elastic and 22% rayon, gives a snug fit without pulling too tightly or cutting off circulation and a polyester construction that makes it very lightweight. These knee protectors feature high-quality foam that minimizes slip or rotation of the sleeve on your leg.
- Mizuno QuickDry
- Polyester knee pads
- DF Cut pad provides greater freedom of movement
- VS-1 padding in high impact zone for complete protection
- Complete patella, lateral, and medial protection
- Poly/Cotton/Spandex blend
- Covers all of the knee area
- Great for hitters and setters
- No fold, low rise design
- This pad is a lot more affordable than most knee pads of roughly the same quality.
- The design of these pads takes into account the needs and wants of the volleyball players.
- Adult and those with thicker and muscular legs complained of discomfort and even pain I.e “too tight” or “too small” for them.
- Players report ripping, tearing and even melting of the fabric after sliding across the floor.
It goes without saying in most circles, that Asics is the single biggest name is quality volleyball gear! These knee pads don’t sully that tradition in the least! It should also be said right here, that these are not just for setters!! Yes, that’s in their name but despite their small profile and tight fit, they serve any position quite well! They tend to conform to your knee instead of being just a generic pad on top of your kneecap. Another excellent bonus is that these pads have a padded part along the sides of the main front area, and this does wonders for anyone diving from side to side. Featuring a gel knee cushion and also offering a specific left and right knee pad, Asics shows they are on the cutting edge of knee pad innovation especially when it comes to customization and engineering.
- Best name in the name
- Gel knee cushion
- Right/Left specific
- Padding on the sides as well as front of pad
- Some users have said they have excellent padding while others complain of too little padding
The Tachikara Competition Knee pads will allow you to spike, dive and set the volleyball easier knowing that your knees are protected from impact. These knee Pads will keep your knees protected and cushioned from painful accidents while you are playing volleyball. The high-density knee pads design from Tachikara offer easy movement, big thanks to a wrap-around construction that makes these knee pads easy to put on as well. They do not slip even on impact. There are several different size options allowing you to purchase these knee pads that will most comfortably and securely fit over your knee.
- Several different size options
- Contoured foam pad with added rubber cushioning
- Sold as a pair
- They are made well and backed by one of the top names in the industry worldwide.
- These knee pads will securely fit on top of your knees.
- They may be tight for larger size legs.
The Nike Essentials Volleyball Knee Pads comes with a simplified outer design for a streamlined and minimalistic look and also with a high-density protective foam pad. The Dri-FIT knit construction keeps you comfortable and cool on the court when your game starts to heat up. You’ll get the durability and protection you need when dashing and diving around the court wearing these pads. You won’t regret buying this offering from one of sports’ most iconic names.
- Short style design
- Extra soft, brushed interior lining
- EVA shock absorbing padding
- Lightweight, slim fitting design
- Sold in pairs
- 40% Polyester, 30% Rubber, 30% EVA
- Knit in Swoosh design trademark
- Dri-FIT knit design helps to wick moisture away from the body
- Improved outer knit stands up to high-level play.
- Good price
- You are assured to experience the highest standard of comfort.
- It’s not as effective as hard-bodied knee pads
- They are suitable only for volleyball and similar sports
The Under Armour Volleyball Knee pads have some unique features to provide a comfortable way to protect knees while on the court. Designed to be right and left knee specific, the pads provide optimal protection. This kneepad will work well with the positions that require mostly lateral jumping and movement. HeatGear technology helps keep you cool when it’s hot out.
- 74% Polyester, 20% Rubber
- EVA construction for best support, protect
- Lightweight volleyball knee pads
- Imported quality knee pads
- Both of knees deliver extreme protection
- The knee pads sold in pairs
- UA locker tag makes the pads easy to identify
- Embroidered UA logo
- Sold in pairs
- They are constructed with a moisture wicking material that doesn’t let the sweat stay against the skin.
- Lightweight terry cloth makes up the body of this kneepad.
- Under Armour is not usually a premier brand when it comes to the sport of volleyball.
- For users that play a lot, these may not be the best fit for you, the UA padding wasn’t thick enough and the material over the front of the knee may tear after a few games.
The Mueller Knee Pads have a standard design that will cover your knees in order for you to perform your best without having to worry about getting injured. The lightweight padding is durable and not bulky, allowing for a non-slip position on the body. An elastic material also provides an easy slide on and conforms to joints, ensuring full protection and coverage. They slide onto your knees easily and will fit securely over your knees. Thanks to their sleeve type and elasticity, they can be pulled on very easy. Mueller Knee Pads provide a full range of motion, comfort, and flexibility. They are built to remain in place even after diving for the ball.
- Protects you from bruises, burns, and bumps
- Very durable
- Easily and will fit securely over your knees
- The knee pads are durable and will last a long time.
- These pads can also be used as elbow pads.
- They may be too tight and interfere the blood flow.
- Their size may be unsuitable.
The ASICS Ace Low Profile knee pads are a great choice for a lot of people if you are looking for a knee pad that is the perfect size and has the right amount of padding. These knee pads will stay firmly on your knees all the times and protect you from any sort of injuries your knees might succumb to when connecting unceremoniously with the hardwood. This ASICS Ace Low Profile knee pad is made of special anti-microbial fabric, which protects against bacteria that causes bad odor, so its wearer stays fresh and clean. This pad comes with a dual-density padding which protects your knees comfortably. The Asics Ace low profile Knee Pad is sure to protect your knees from all of the saves and dives made on the court.
- Low profile
- Dual density padding
- 43% cotton/33% rubber/24% nylon
- Sold in pairs
- This product feature yarns that provide long-lasting anti-odor protection while you wear them.
- They ensure more comfort, flexibility, and maneuverability.
- They restrict the blood flow.
- They are available only in two colors.
When wearing equipment for so many hours, comfort becomes a feature worth considering over other features. The Nike Streak Volleyball Knee pads provide good coverage of the knee. Constructed of Dri-fit fabric, the Nike wicks moisture away while preventing the skin from rashes. The fabric used in the Nike allows players to play without distraction from uncomfortable kneepads. The pad itself is made of shock absorbing EVA foam to protect the vulnerable areas of the knee found on the sides of the knee, over and under the patella, and medial area. The cut and design of the pad also give this knee pad a fitted look. A soft brushed fabric lines the inside of the knee pad for extra comfort. Players looking for a knee pad that incorporates the best technology will be happy with this choice.
- 12% Rubber, 17% EVA, 25% Nylon, 46% Polyester
- Lightweight and slim fitting design
- EVA shock absorbing padding
- Extra soft, brushed interior lining for added comfort
- Best fitting for larger knees
- Soft brushed interior lining offers additional comfort for long period of time.
- Back-of-knee ventilation zones for breathability.
- It can be used only for volleyball and similar sports.
- It cannot be washed in washing machine.
The ASICS Unisex Slider Volleyball Knee pads provide good protection of the knee at an economical price. They provide both comfort and protection in style and have the right mix of fibers. You don’t have to worry about different sizes when it comes to these knee pads. The padding is thick which provides the protection that a player needs through long practices and all-day tournaments. Contoured pads cut in the correct areas, help the Slider stay in place and protect the knees even during lateral dives on the court. As players dive, bend, jump, and run, the contours will help keep the kneepad from restricting any necessary movement. The cuts also allow the knee pad to move with the natural movements of your knees. Thanks to a polyester/rubber/nylon design, these pads won’t tear easily, no matter how intensely they are being used.
- Economically priced
- One size fits most adults
- Engineered flex zones
- Polyester 45%/ Nylon 16%/ Rubber 39%.
- Wide coverage and low profile PU pad
- Sold in pairs
- They are designed to fit almost anyone.
- These knee pads are highly recommended if you have ever had previous knee injuries.
- There is no wicking fabric used in these kneepads.
Mizuno T10 Volleyball Knee pads provide a high standard of protection in a slim-fitting design for fearless performance and maximum mobility on the court. These knee pads will provide more protection than most of the knee pads on the market today. Thanks to its enhanced foam design aimed at keeping your knee safe from any injuries you may otherwise sustain when falling on your knees. They come in youth and adult sizes to accommodate players of all ages. This knee pad will move with you so you don’t need to worry about it slipping off. These particular knee pads are also much more stylish than many other options on the market. Mizuno T10 Volleyball Knee pads are one of the best-made knee pads on the market due to their superior quality of material and craftsmanship. We highly recommend these for the best flat-out protection!
- Five separate contour padded sections
- F. cut for superior fit without bulk
- Sold in pairs
- Slim profile offers maximum mobility
- 68% Polyester/20% Rayon/12% Elastic Blend Kneepads
- Wrap panels provide improved knee protection
- Adjustable for youth
- Maximum protection without hindering your mobility.
- It offers great support and helps keep players light on their feet.
- They may be tight for larger size legs.
Conclusion & Recommendations
There are several options we’ve reviewed that are excellent quality pads at a reasonable price. Keep in mind what position you will be playing before purchasing, as different volleyball positions have different knee pads and volleyball equipment requirements. That said, it’s quite okay to keep one set of pads even if you play more than one position, and it’s not crazy to use pads meant for one position, on a different position! The fit should be what matters. They should feel snug without pinching the skin behind the knee and the inside material should be non-abrasive and improve your confidence and ability on the volleyball court. It’s our hope that this buying guideline will help to choose the best option. Having the right knee pads will give you the edge you need to play your best. Let us know if you have any specific questions or have any feedback that might help others!