Battle ropes are a very vigorous exercise tool that you can use for your strength training needs. Although a rope may not be the most inventive thing to use to build muscle with, you can use it both indoors as well as outdoors and it doesn’t take up a lot of room when you roll it up. It may seem like a pretty easy task to just go out and buy a rope that you can use to work out with, but the thing is some ropes are going to give you a more efficient and better work out than other ones. In order to teach you about the factors that you should consider when you are buying a rope we have come up with an informative buyer’s guide as well as a list of our picks for the top ten battle ropes on the market to give you an idea as to some of the options that are available.
Battle Ropes Comparison Chart
This will be one of the most important things that you should look at when you are making your purchasing decision. A rope with poor end caps is likely to break and is also going to be a lot rougher on your hands. If you are working out with a rope on a regular basis you are going to notice that your hands become raw if you are using a poor rope. The end caps of the rope are the areas that are going to take on the most wear and tear, so the better protected this area is the better off you will be. Another thing to check is that both of the ends are done on the rope because otherwise, you may have a difficult time performing the exercises that you want to perform with the rope.
Most ropes contain some kind of a coating on them in order to help waterproof them so that they are a more durable design and so that they won’t rot away if left out in the weather. It is always a good idea to check and see whether the rope you are buying has some kind of a protective coating on it as these coatings definitely help to allow the rope to last for a longer period of time. If you are doing a lot of vigorous training it is always a good idea to get something that isn’t going to hurt you too badly if you hit yourself with it. It is important to make sure that it is a durable rope, but you also don’t want ropes that are hard as a rock either as you will likely end up hurting yourself as a result of exercising with them. It can be hard to determine which ropes are harder than others but generally wider ropes are going to be harder and hurt more when they hit you and ones with a visible protectant coating are also likely to hurt more as well.
In order to make sure that you are buying yourself durable rope, one thing that you should make sure that you look at is the number of strands that are intertwined in order to create the rope. Generally speaking, the more strands that are used in the rope, the stronger the bond will be between the strands resulting in the rope being able to last for a longer period of time. One thing that you should try not to let sway your buying decision is the actual color that the rope is made up of; it is nice to have a decent color, but just remember that you are using this product to work out with and not all of the time so it isn’t really a huge deal if the color isn’t your favorite.
Although a longer rope may seem like a pain in the butt due to the fact that it will take longer to wind up, a longer rope does have the benefit of being heavier in weight. The nice thing about a rope is that as long as you can physically pick up both ends of the rope, you can give yourself a workout. You don’t necessarily have to be strong enough to pick up the whole rope in order to work out properly with it and surely you will improve and be able to pick up more rope as time progresses. It is a good idea to look at both the thickness of the rope as well as the length of it so that you can find something that you will be able to hold comfortably in your hands.
How heavy a rope is can really vary based on its length as well as its width. It is important to have some idea as to how much the rope weighs as it is generally much easier for you to be able to pack up after your workout if you are strong enough to be able to lift the whole rope up at one time. Always remember that even if the weight for the actual product is not given, companies will list the shipping weight of the package and although this number won’t be dead on, it should be able to give you a general idea as to how much the rope weighs that you are buying.
Not all companies offer options when it comes to their ropes. One great way to be able to choose a rope that you like is by finding a company that offers a variety of lengths as well as widths that you can choose from. By buying a rope in this way you can be sure to get a rope that is going to fit in the location that you want and find something that is going to be comfortable to use.
The odd time when you buy yourself a battle rope you will notice that it comes with a couple of accessories. Some of the things that you might find included in with your rope or available for purchase with your rope are an anchor kit or even a carabiner. These items are used separately or sometimes together in order for you to be able to attach your rope to an object so that it can’t go anywhere when you are using it for a workout. This is an especially nice feature to have if you are working out indoors and you have other people around you that are trying to complete their workouts as well. The last thing that you want to do is accidentally hit someone with your rope and cause them to be injured so these are definitely some nice accessories to have. The nice thing about getting a carabiner with your rope is that it allows you to attach the rope to things via a secure clip so that you don’t have to worry about it coming loose. Potential uses of a carabiner include: climbing, pulling things, strapping things down, etc.
Battle Rope Reviews
If you have a high budget range and you want to get yourself something that is personalized with color and the size that you want then this could be the rope you are looking for. This rope is available in six different color options. The rope comes in a range of sizes in order to suit your personal workout tastes. The rope width is available in a 1.5 inch and 2-inch thickness and the rope length is available in 30, 40 and 50 feet in order to suit your personal workout needs as well as possible. In order to keep this rope from fraying when it is exposed to the elements, this rope is coated with a nylon sleeve. This sleeve helps to waterproof the rope and makes it last for a longer period of time as a result. This rope has heat shrink ends which offer a comfortable grip on your hands and keep the rope together nice and tight for years to come. With this rope, you even get a one year warranty or a three-year warranty if you choose to get the more expensive fully nylon covered option that is available at the checkout.
- Available in 1.5 or two inches in order to suit your hand size
- Available in 30, 40 and fifty-foot lengths to suit your exercise and space needs
- Six different design options to choose from
- Heat shrunk ends for more durability and a comfortable handle even during intense workouts
- One year warranty on the regular rope or a three-year warranty is available on the nylon covered option
- The price tag of this unit is a fair bit steeper than some of the other units on the market
Here’s an excellent choice (usually Amazon offers a decent product since maintaining their brand quality is actually important to them) for those who don’t really care whose name is on the rope. The 3-strands are made of polyester blend and they’re wrapped/compiled and manufactured in a way that prevents breaking, fraying or undoing. Like most ropes, it can be used for pullling, undulating or climbing. The base unit measures around 28.5′ long and 1.5″ in diameter. There are options for the 2″ diameter and a variety of lengths.
This black rope has integrated gold accents and includes durable, polymer-coated rope ends to grab.
- Available in a range of sizes and widths to suit your exercise needs
- Three strands are winded in this design to provide great strength and durability
- Low to average price is fairly appealing
- This rope does not have a waterproof coating so may not be the best rope for outdoor use
- Some owners complain of early wear on the surface of the rope
This is another very high-quality rope. This rope is made out of a three-strand design and is winded to be both durable as well as to provide great strength when put under pressure. The ends of this rope use heat shrink caps in order to keep the rope together and strong for a long period of time. The unit comes available in a 30, 40 and a fifty-foot range and it also comes in a 1.5 and a two-inch width so that you can hold the rope properly in your hands as you need. This rope has a pretty plain appearance which is great for appealing to a broad audience. This rope is definitely a fairly popular choice for fitness fanatics and it is very unlikely that you will be disappointed as long as you measure your area properly and buy something that fits nicely in your hands.
- The rope comes in 30, 40 and fifty feet lengths
- Heat shrink caps on the end of the unit hold the rope in place and make it comfortable to use
- Price range of this rope is quite low which makes it quite appealing
- Three strand design is quite durable and has a lot of strength
- A 600D Oxford waterproof sleeve is used in the design to make the rope waterprooff and to protect better against wear and tear on the rope
- No accessory options are available with the unit
If you want to get a rope and you only have a really low budget to spend then this rope may be one that you may be interested in. This rope is available in multiple sizes including: a 30 foot, a 40 foot and a 50 foot size. Each of these ropes has a width of 1.5 inches which is something to take note of. The rope is black in color which appeals to almost everyone and it uses a three strand design in order to have good strength and durability. This rope is coated in a 600D oxford waterproof seal which helps it to be able to withstand the elements much better as well as is generally better against wear and tear as well. This rope has heat shrink end caps on either side of the rope in order to provide you with comfort as well as to hold the rope together nicely over periods of prolonged use. If you choose to pick up this rope you won’t be disappointed with its craftsmanship as it is very high quality even though it may look fairly plain as it is purely black in color throughout the length of the rope including the grips on either side.
- This rope has a 1.5-inch width
- The rope is available in a 30, 40 and a 50-foot length
- Coated in a 600D oxford waterproof coating in order to provide maximum durability
- Three strand design provides good strength
- Heat shrunk end caps provide a comfortable grip and keeps the rope held well together
- Very cheap price tag is quite appealing
- If you want a rope in a two inch width then this rope isn’t an option for you
If you are looking to get yourself an average rope and want some options to choose from then this option could definitely be one that you may like. This rope is mostly black but does have a tad bit of color in its design. There are six different sizes that you can choose from all with a different price tag. The sizes are in a 1.5 or a 2 inch width and come in 30, 40 or 50-foot lengths as you need. This rope has shrink caps on the ends of the unit to hold the three strand design together and you will also notice that this design does use the 600D Oxford waterproof sleeve in order to provide the rope with maximum outdoor usability. If you decide to pick up this rope just make sure that you do proper measurements beforehand and make sure that you order the right rope as there are lots of different options to choose from at the checkout.
- Black design with only a bit of color appeals to a broad audience
- Available in a 1.5 or two-inch width
- Comes in a thirty, forty or fifty-foot length
- 600D waterproof sleeve is used to help fight the elements
- Three-strand design to improve durability and strength
- No accessories come with or can be purchased with the battle rope
If you have a higher budget range and want to get yourself something nice then this could be a good option for you. This rope has 3M caps on the end of the design in order to offer you extra comfort which is a really nice feature if you use the rope a lot during your workout sessions. This rope incorporates 600D waterproof protection as well as a three strand design which offer you great durability and protection. This rope comes with access to the company’s website where you will gain access to instructional video as well as promotional offers which you can use in order to get yourself more fit and to learn some more fitness activities. The rope itself is 40 feet in length and has a diameter of 1.5 inches making it fairly easy to grasp for someone with small hands and offering plenty of rope at 20 feet in each hand thanks to the forty foot size of the rope. If you are willing to spare the cash to buy this rope you surely won’t be disappointed with its quality.
- This design has 600D waterproof protection
- Three strand design is durable and strong
- Forty-foot length and 1.5-inch width
- Comes with access to the company’s website where you get access to promotional videos and instructional videos that you can use to help you learn
- 3M grips provide great comfort and keeps the rope held together nicely for a long time
- Price may be a little steep for some people
If you want to get a plain rope and don’t want to spend a huge amount of money in order to get one then this rope may be a good option for you. This rope is black in color and comes with a DuraMax sleeve and an anchor strap kit. It’s made of 100% PolyDac and features 2 heavy duty anchor straps, a stainless steel carabiner, and heavy duty coated handles for the toughest treatment. This rope seemed to us that it would last a very long time even if used on uncoated concrete! Other specifications are: 1.5 or 2-inch thick x 30, 40 or 50-foot length.
Profect Sports is so confident you’ll be thrilled with the product that they brag of a 100% money-back with no questions and stellar customer service! Well, we’ve heard that one before but I can neither confirm nor deny that assertion since I have not actually called their customer service line. I’ll wait for some negative feedback and adjust my recommendation if necessary.
For now, we like this rope set from Profect Sports!
- Three strand design is used and is held together by very wide, comfortable grips
- The reasonable price tag is very nice for someone who is on a tighter budget but still wants quality
- Has a protective sleeve for maximum durability and longevity (also looks nice!)
- Not as cheap (I should say “inexpensive” as some on our list)
This is a very simple rope that is available for a pretty reasonable price tag. This rope has a 1.5-inch width and comes available in a 30, 40 as well as a 50-foot length. The 1.5-inch width along with the fact that this is a fairly heavy weighted rope allows you to be able to do a lot of different exercises with the rope while still having to struggle through and gain strength as you become able to lift more and more of the rope weight up as you exercise. There are nice grips on either end of this rope in order to hold the strands in place and to also make your workout more comfortable. The shrink wrap design is great for having good grip on the rope as it covers the rope strands very tightly meaning you can still feel the rope and the twists through the grips. If you get the smallest version of this rope it is actually one of the most affordable ropes in the marketplace for its size and this is a huge deal for someone on a budget. Overall this rope is of a pretty simple design, but it definitely is more than capable of doing its job properly and effectively.
- Affordable price tag especially on the smaller units
- Nice comfort on the grips and they also hold the rope together very effectively
- 5-inch width on the ropes makes them easy to grip
- Available in a 30, 40 and 50-foot size
- This rope is known to be fairly heavy for its size
If you are looking to get a large rope and you want something for an affordable price tag then this is definitely one of your best options. This rope is forty feet long and is two inches wide. The rope is quite plain as it is just black in color. This rope is coated in a nice 600D waterproof coating which helps it to be more weather resistant and allows for more wear and tear. The rope incorporates shrink heat covers on the ends of the rope in order to hold everything together and you will also notice that this does make for a comfortable grip when you are exercising with it. Having 20 feet in both arms is nothing to laugh at especially when the rope is 2 inches wide as this just makes the rope even heavier as a result. If you choose to get this rope just know that you are going to have to work a lot to be able to get used to the heavy weight and you will definitely be able to become stronger as a result.
- This is a very affordable rope especially for its long length at forty feet
- Black color appeals to a wide audience
- Uses 600D waterproof technology in order to improve resistance to weather and wear and tear
- Heat shrink is used on the ends in order to provide you with a comfortable grip and to keep the rope held together nicely
- Two-inch diameter is the only one available and some people may find that this is a little too wide for them
If you have a fairly high budget and you want to get yourself a rope that has some accessories then this could be a good option for you. This rope is available in a 1.5 inch width and comes in a 30, 40, and a 50-foot size. The rope comes with two anchor straps which you can use in order to hold the rope down in place. You also get a nice carabiner with your purchase which you can also use for whatever exercise needs that you have. The anchor straps are actually strong enough to hold 1500 lbs worth of weight so the nice thing about that is you don’t really have to worry about your rope breaking out of them when pulling. These ropes have a nylon sleeve on them in order to protect them against wear and tear as well as bad weather. One nice thing about this manufacturer is that they took the time to weight the ropes so that you have an idea as to how hard they are going to be to exercise and move around with. This rope has shrink wrap grips like most ropes do and this does hold the rope together nicely all while providing you with more comfort.
- Two anchor straps come with your purchase as well as a carabiner that you can use in order to perform the exercises that you like
- Nylon sleeve covers the rope in order to protect against wear and tear as well as weather
- Heat shrunk grips allow for comfort during your workout and keep the rope held together nicely as well
- Available in a 1.5-inch size
- The ropes weight; 10 libs for the 30-foot length, 23 lbs for the 40-foot length, and 28 lbs for the 50-foot length
- Price range is definitely high for these ropes
Conclusion & Recommendations
Buying yourself the proper size of rope may not be an easy task if you have no idea what is available and what you should look for. Hopefully, our buying guide, as well as our list of our picks for the top ten battle ropes on the market, has helped you to get a better understanding of the things you should look for. We also hope that we’ve shown you some of the great options that are available. It is always a good idea to make sure that you take a look at the price of the unit and stick to your budget before making a final purchasing decision. It’s also a great idea to check out the warranty on the unit as well as the return policy so that you can have a better grasp as to what you are covered for should you run into any problems somewhere down the road.